Monday, March 31, 2008

Doledrums

Kudos to Tait for snapping me out of my posting funk.

I haven't been very forthcoming on the blog about how often Matt is out of town. Over the last 2 months I would guess he hasn't been home more than a total of eight days. Add that to stagnant house news and endless rain (save your comments stating the obvious - I KNOW I live in the Northwest. I am just adjusting) and I ended up feeling rather despondent. The last thing I wanted to do was recount all the ways I was feeling depressed.

Anyhoo - things are on the upswing. Matt is home, for a while at least. Yesterday Tom, Kathy, Matt and I knocked the snot out of the house, tearing down walls, vacuuming up spider egg sacs and pulling nails from boards. And the forecast for this coming week shows that there is the possibility of sun.

While Matt was away I found myself unexpectedly put to use at the Post Office. I am scheduled to work every Saturday but ended up working 4 and 5 days a week while he was in Los Angeles. Here is a picture I took of some friends on my route.



No comments: