- 1 trip to Utah for me
- 1 trip to Utah for Matt
- 2 visits from Nancy (Matt's Stepmom) to Winlock (2 road trips with a motor home filled with furniture for our new house - she did all our decorating and we are most grateful)
- 1 visit from my parents - their first to our new home and also their first time meeting Tom and Kathy. It was a really big deal for me to finally have my mom and dad meet my birthfather and his wife.
- 1 giant housewarming party
- a bunch of other stuff that a person needs to do when setting up a new home.
- reacquainting myself with the printed word. I haven't taken the time to read for pleasure in far too long! I was so thirsty that I am reading four at once: Corvus: A Life With Birds, Deerhunting with Jesus, Edgar Sawtelle and a collection of Irish Folktales. I just can't make up my mind so I am reading them all.
I would like to mention that everything feels right and happy and normal again now. Amazing what a little breathing room in a lovely house can do for a person.