Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I've Been Off the Blog for Awhile But . . .

Check this out, Tengrain passed The World Famous Winlock Egg. while on the train. Don't you all wish you could see it in person too? We have a lovely guestroom waiting for you.

This is what I have been up to for the last few months:
  • 1 trip to Utah for me
  • 1 trip to Utah for Matt
  • 2 visits from Nancy (Matt's Stepmom) to Winlock (2 road trips with a motor home filled with furniture for our new house - she did all our decorating and we are most grateful)
  • 1 visit from my parents - their first to our new home and also their first time meeting Tom and Kathy. It was a really big deal for me to finally have my mom and dad meet my birthfather and his wife.
  • 1 giant housewarming party
  • a bunch of other stuff that a person needs to do when setting up a new home.
  • reacquainting myself with the printed word. I haven't taken the time to read for pleasure in far too long! I was so thirsty that I am reading four at once: Corvus: A Life With Birds, Deerhunting with Jesus, Edgar Sawtelle and a collection of Irish Folktales. I just can't make up my mind so I am reading them all.

I would like to mention that everything feels right and happy and normal again now. Amazing what a little breathing room in a lovely house can do for a person.



3 comments:

ThatKateGirl said...

So glad to hear you're enjoying the finished product. I can't wait to see it!

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Yay, girl! You got some horsees! My sis wanted one horsee in her younger years. God bless.

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, -Greg from SD (remember RBF)been ages... anyway I was trying to remember the band we saw
Old 97's , found the band name on your old myspace acct. Hope you and Matt are doing well I'll say hello to Erb for ya.