Tuesday, July 24, 2007

If only I had time for a "Big Sleep"

Sleeping is my coping mechanism. A good twelve hours in bed during a stressful situation always seems to make things right. As I survey the house in all it's disarray, my eyelids begin to slide down, my knees begin to buckle and I wish I could just sleep until the truck has come to take everything away. Good news is that the kitchen is all packed up. That is always a hurdle. The next big project is my workroom. It would be tricky under normal circumstances but my workroom is currently the staging area for the move so I am trying to maneuver in between canyons of boxes.
We have been saying goodbye to friends. On Sunday we went to Susina and had a wonderful visit with old friends from San Diego, Ron & Lisa and Liz & Pat. Although it had been 5 or 6 years since we had seen them it felt like no time had passed at all. It's always that way with true friends, isn't it? Yesterday I had a goodbye/hello lunch with a few of my clients - one of whom I had never met despite exchanging hundreds of emails.

Today I am going to try and stop by the office of another client to say farewell. I also am going to hit my neighborhood nail salon for one last Los Angeles pedicure and eyebrow wax (in lieu of a big sleep). Wonder what Winlock has to offer in the way of mani/pedi's and waxing? Then there is washing the car - call us superstitious but we believe that cars do better on road trips if they look pretty. If I am lucky - time wise - I will be able to make it out to Violet's Cakes in Pasadena for one last box of deliciousness. I seriously stopped baking after I went to this place. What's the point when they have mastered texture and taste beyond what I thought possible? And then? More packing. Matt will be home all day on Wednesday for the final push.

No comments: