Saturday, September 8, 2007

Again with the Spiders

I should rename this blog. Arachnids: Fear and Fascination.

Yesterday we found a hobo spider hanging out on the floor near our shower. FYI, hobo spider = BAD. I don't have a picture of it because I stepped on it before I thought to grab the camera. Tough little bugger to kill. Hobo spiders don't like to live where there are a bunch of other types of spiders - don't like the competition for food. Anyhoo, the following is an open letter to all the other spiders in the neighborhood.


Dear all non-hobo spiders,

Welcome to our home/homestead. Please make yourselves comfortable. Dangle over my mouth while I sleep, leave your eggsacks in my shoes, hang out in the shower with me. I may cringe or scream but I won't kill you. I appreciate the work you do keeping the hosts of hobo spiders at bay. Please be aware that I cannot be responsible for the actions of my cats. I hope you will take care to steer clear of them.

Kindest Regards,

Michelle

No comments: